We invite educators from every discipline and background to Blandy for immersion in hands-on field experiences and workshops. The links below will help you make the most of your Blandy investigation!
Be sure to visit our registration request page to read our catalog of programs, learn about updates regarding COVID policies, and start the process of signing up for one of our preK-12 programs.
The following documents provide essential information to make your visit a success.
For 1 to 2 classes visiting Blandy: Allow 90 minutes for each program (which includes pre-program orientation and restroom break), unless otherwise stated in the program description. We can lead two programs at one time– one in the Parkfield Learning Center and at Peetwood Pavilion. There are three time slots available (10:00 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.).
For 3 to 5 classes visiting Blandy: The Education team at Blandy Experimental Farm has developed Rotation Schedules for many of the programs offered at Blandy. With these schedules, Blandy staff and teachers share the responsibility for leading students through the program activities. Rotation schedules are:
- Intended for schools bringing 3-5 classes in one day
- Planned for maximum student engagement
- Available for most programs except the following: Water Quality Technology and Science Explorations.
- A typical rotation will take about 2-3 hours. Call or email for more information.
- Arrival time is 9:40 a.m. for program briefing and restroom visits
Call 540-837-1758 Ext. 242 or email [email protected] if you have questions about program structure.
Fees: Program fees vary from $4 to $9 per student, depending on program selected. Please see our brochure for details.
Our Facilities Include:
- 175-acre Arboretum collection featuring over 1,000 species of native and non-native trees, shrubs and herbaceous plants
- Parking area designated for school buses
- Picnic area with tables for ~80-100 people
- Wheelchair-accessible restrooms in Quarters, Parkfield Learning Center, and the Peetwood Pavilion.
Sample Rotation Schedule
Explore Ways To Integrate Your Blandy Experience Into Your Curriculum
Clusters consist of several recommended activities to do before your field investigation at Blandy as well as synthesis and review lessons to follow.
These web pages are currently under construction. Please check back later.